small removals Brighton
We specialise in both large and small removals Brighton. As one of the leading removals companies in Brighton, we are well versed in all sizes of move. We can offer you a tailored package that best suits your needs and requirements.
A lot of our small removals Brighton clients come to us with single room moves, student moves, studios and one bed flats. We have different pricing structures depending on the scope of your move.
Small removals Brighton and Hove are different because we can be move flexible on pricing.
Pricing small removals Brighton
Our van and man hourly rates are usually popular for smaller removals. We offer a van and man hourly rate for either one man (£45 per hour) or two (£55). We break the hours down into quarters so that you don’t overpay if you just run into the next hour. If we can come and see your move first, we are often able to cap your move rate at a certain price too.
This way you can keep the difference if your move takes less time.
Saving money on your small removals Brighton
If money is a concern, the best way to save your pennies when moving is to be as prepared as possible. If we arrive and everything is boxed up and ready to go, we can move very swiftly and get you to your new home in quick time. Troubles arise when we arrive and the clients house is half packed. This means that things can take twice as long, and your budget planning can go out of the window if you are on an hourly rate.
The key is to pack as much as you can ahead of time. Preparation is king when it comes to moving! For this reason, we thought it would be helpful to compile a packing preparation list. Based on all of our years in the industry, we’ve put together some expert tips. We’ve seen it be done well…and unfortunately more often than not, not so well!
Alternatively, you can book us to pack for you too
PACKING TIPS FOR YOUR SMALL REMOVALS BRIGHTON
Our number one piece of advice is not to leave everything to the day before the move. (Or worst still…gulp…on the morning of the move!) It’s good to have this time to consider what you are taking and go through any old items that you don’t need at your new home.
- Start early. Packing always takes longer than you anticipate. This is especially the case when you find boxes of old photos or start reminiscing over memory boxes!
- Make sure you have enough boxes well in advance. It’s a nightmare if you run out midway through your pack! Buy your bubble wrap, strong and good quality tape and bags for putting your bolts in after items have been taken apart.
- Use sturdy boxes. Double walled, corrugated cardboard are the only boxes you should consider to move your precious items. If you don’t want to buy them, you can usually find these at supermarkets, corner shops and off-licences.
- Get all of your boxes out. If you’re using recycled boxes, go through and make sure that they are in great condition and clean, with no rips or tears that will weaken them. We offer a recycled boxes delivery service LINK.
- Make yourself a packing list
- Go through your items and clear anything you don’t want out. Give yourself time to take stuff to charity or eBay or car boot anything worthwhile.
- Start at the top of the house and work your way downwards. Starting right at the top at the attic is normally the best idea.
- Save time and effort by cello-taping brooms and mops together
- Be careful not to completely fill big boxes. They will be too heavy and break in transit. Clearly label boxes which contain breakables and delicate, fragile items. Also mark if they need to be stacked a certain way up. This will mean the team will stack them up in the van carefully
- Always pack heavier items on the bottom of the box, working your way up to light stuff on top.
- Use small boxes for heavier items, like books and DVDs
- Put any dangerous, toxic or hazardous materials like paint, bleach, kitchen cleaning products and aerosols into a separate box. This keeps them away from the rest of your stuff to avoid spillages and hazardous contamination.
- Pack one room up at a time instead of packing haphazardly. As you go, clearly label each box with details of its contents and items within. Also make sure to note on the side in clear writing which room it belongs in. That way, the removals team can try and make sure it goes back into the right room the other end.
- Fill any gaps in boxes with bubble wrap or even bed sheets and cushions, if you are being economical with space. This will ensure items don’t shift in transit and get broken.
If you follow these guidelines when preparing for your small removals Brighton, your move will be off to an efficient and cost effective start! Plus packing properly will save you any grief the other end too. The worst thing is packing clumsily or quickly and breaking your precious goods in transit.
Again, if any of this sounds like hard work, we can do the packing for you! Either way, Get in touch with us to discuss your small removals Brighton today. We are a local company with all of the knowledge and heart of a homegrown firm, but with national professionalism. Whatever the size of your move, as the industry leaders we are here to help you. Find our move on our website